Photos and Videos tagged with #TurnUp
Thank you everybody for comin' out to celebrate @feliFRESH's birthday! We appreciate you!!! S/O to @ATurnerArchives for capturing this moment! #CantNobodyDoItLikeYou guys! #TurnUp #WeRollDeep #DaveAndBusters #DaveAndBustersHollywood #TeamJS #JAZMINsisters #feliFRESHbday
- 11 days ago via Twitpic Email
(Screaming) HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my beautiful sister
- 13 days ago via Echofon
[INTERVIEW] Tony Jones on BTS
1. Hi Tony! You’re really popular between BTS fans especially Jimin’s. We’ve got chance to see you in few episodes of American Hustle Life. Did you help them with music or what was your role?
I didn’t get a chance to get in the studio with BTS (hopefully we do in the future) but I pretty much taught them about the urban, hip hop culture while they visited LA. In other words, we “swagged” BTS out.
2. Have you been interested in Korean music before? What’s your opinion about this genre?
I had never heard a single KPOP record and was very unfamiliar with the genre before BTS. Before linking up with the group on the show, I did a little research and the first song and video I heard was bulletproof and was amazed by their talent.
3. Can you please tell some differences between Korean and American hip hop? You are American hip hop artist so there’s no problem to tell some of them to us.
Well I think what B-Free (which is a clown) was trying to hint at during their very uncomfortable sit down was how kpop artists wear makeup. That is not hip hop or how rappers and artist in the US do things BUT that is the Korean culture and you have to respect it. I believe Rapmon & Suga were underground artists before and that wasn’t paying the bills so they had to do what it took to get their voices out to their country. Also, I believe one company pretty much controls all the big groups so they have all the say whereas over here you can actually become known and very popular doing strictly underground music without signing to a major label.
4. Do you like Asian food? Did you try some Korean dishes during the time you spend together with them?
I do like Asian food, I like any food and love to eat lol. I believe I tried Kimche (which we made on ep.2) and liked it along with a couple other dishes.
5. You have the closest friendship with Jimin. Do you have lot in common?
I really love Jimin (love all the boys). He is just a really good, charming dude and I see him like a little brother. I think I’m really just a huge fan because he has an american type approach when it come to music. He knows what to do to make the female fans scream and he is an amazing dancer and singer. I believe all the boys (if they learn english) could make quality music in the US. They all can literally sing, dance and rap-REALLY GOOD. Jungkook may be the most valuable because he can actually do all three really well and is the youngest.
6. What do you thing about the fact that fans love your funny duo “Jony”?
Jony is cute lol. I ignore the whole ‘pairing, coupling & shipping’ thing because that’s borderline gay and that’s obviously not what it is at all lol but we do definitely have a brotherly connection. I will always keep in touch with ChimChim and check on him to see how he is doing.
7. How would you describe personalities of BTS members? Can you please tell some habits or some special things which members were doing when you were together?
V is the most fun and interactive. He tried the hardest to speak his broken english and I appreciated that. He is the baritone of the group and each piece to the puzzle is desperately needed for BTS to come together. If he was old enough, he would be the ‘party animal’ of the group lol. Good kid!
Rapmon is an amazing leader and super rapper. He was the first to jump out of the bed and rap right out of his sleep when we first met and woke them up. I know it’s tough for him because he has the aspirations to be the greatest rapper in korea and transition to the US hopefully and battles with the makeup and dance as he mentioned in the interview.
J-Hope always has a good attitude, every single day. He is so positive, it amazes me. I don’t know if the world knows how hard these boys work all day. As you watch the episodes, you’ll see that he was the first to battle dance each time. His dance skills are elite and he definitely holds his own rapping alongside suga and rapmon.
JungKook is very quiet and shy probably because he is the youngest. He is very, very friendly. After seeing how he rapped and danced at the end of Bulletproof then hearing him sing in the newer songs, I was blown away. He can literally do it all.
Suga is the most laid back and I would say has the most ‘swag.’ He is a very gifted rapper and I was very impressed with him on the basketball court as well. He would have no problems transitioning over to the states as a rap artist.
Jin is very, very quiet but an amazing singer. He is the most kind of the group and he balances the others in the group very well. Being one of the older ones, the group looks up to him as well. I don’t know who put this group together, but they did an amazing job. Their production, choreography and lyrics are amazing.
Everyone already knows how I feel about Jimin lol
I will definitely miss them all very much
8. Do you guys have some crazy story from America which do you want to share with us?
Yes but I don’t want to ruin the show, stay tuned! lol
9. How did you talk to each other? We know that only Rap Monster speaks English fluently. Is their English better now? Have you learned some Korean words from them?
Rapmon would actually translate for them in Korean (I had a translator on my phone as well) and their english is definitely better now. V tried to teach me a lot. Annyeonsayo, pobayo (get out of my face I think lol) and others haha
10. What do you think about new comeback named “DARK&WILD”? Which songs from their oldest albums do you like the most? Did you try to sing/rap some of them or did you try to dance some of their choreographies?
I like how BTS’ management used english names for their albums. BTS is doing something very different than any other kpop group. They are by far the most versatile and the most talented. Dark & Wild is an intriguing name, can’t wait to hear the project in it’s entirety.
I love Bulletproof, Boy In Luv & I Like It. I Like It could have been an American success.
lol- I tried to do J-Hope & Jimin’s solo dances at the end of Bulletproof & was practically screaming the words at their show & prove concert.
11. You’ve got chance to meet BTS on KCON in LA again. Did you spend great time together?
Yes I got to see the boys at KCon. It was very brief in the locker room but it was great. That is when me and Jimin made the #Jony video
12. You’re getting love from fans around the world because of your kind and friendly personality. How do you feel when you read so many messages on your SNS?
I can’t respond to all the messages, comments, tags, @’s, etc that I get on Twitter & Instagram but all of the love is greatly appreciated and flattering. It was a pleasure to work with a group of kind, young men like BTS. They have a very bright future.
13. Thank you for your time Tony. Is there something what do you want to tell to your fans?
I appreciate each and every one of you and your support is greatly appreciated. Continue to watch the AHL episodes and… #TurnUp!
- 26 days ago via site